Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hurman Baweja gets in touch with Sri Lankan cricketers

Hurman Baweja was shooting in New Delhi for Boney Kapoor and Anees Bazmee's It's My Life on Tuesday morning when he heard about the attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in Pakistan.

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/02/08/4/1440/14406555/8e/harmanBaweja.jpg

After having shot with them for Victory, Hurman became friends with the cricketers and couldn't shoot until he had heard from them.

Finally an SMS arrived from cricketer Farveez Maharoof saying, "We're well. Don't worry.Thanks for asking."

Sighs Hurman, "That was when I breathed easy. When I heard what had happened in Pakistan, my heart sank.

These Sri Lankan guys are my friends. I had bonded big time with them during Victory. We played, ate and fooled around together.

We even had a Sri Lankan premiere. Not only had I played cricket with them, I had also done scenes with Ajantha Mendis and Kumar Sangakkara. In fact, Sanga is a special friend."

Couldn't believe it

Hurman has kept in touch with his Sri Lankan pals from the cricket world after the film. "All kinds of conflicting reports kept coming from Pakistan. When I heard some of them were injured, I just couldn't believe this was happening."

Maharoof's message pacified Hurman. "Thank God they're well. But what I want to know is, what is happening in Pakistan?

The country is isolating itself from the rest of the world. At this rate they'll end being another Afghanistan. Shame on them for attacking sportspersons."

No comments: