Monday, September 28, 2009

Raveena Me Mayawati? Picture

Raveena Me Mayawati?



Raveena: Me, Mayawati? raveena tandon
Between shifting house and travelling to Kolkata and Jaipur to judge a reality dance show, Raveena Tandon’s one busy woman.
When BT called her, she was shopping for her new pad in Bandra. She’s also been shopping for challenging roles of late. Going by her line-up of films, her married-and-mother-of-two status has done nothing to dampen film-makers’ interest in her. After a four-year gap, Raveena will return in 2010 with three films.
One of them, Gulab Gang, reportedly has her play UP chief minister Mayawati. But Raveena says, “It’s based on a true story about an all-women gang in UP. But I don’t play Mayawati. It’s about a politician in UP. That way, there are so many politicians from UP.” She’ll be sharing screen space with Tabu and Shahana Goswami in the film.
She also has a guest appearance in Milind Ukey’s Aditya Met Avantika, in which she’ll be cast with Amrita Singh. “I’m doing that for a friend and can’t talk about it,” she says.
But the film that she’s currently concentrating on is Revathy Varmha’s Aap Ke Liye Hum, in which she plays a lawyer. The story is based on the life of its director, who adopted her mother, Sophia, through a court of law. “It’s a story about how three women come together and get involved in each other’s lives owing to circumstances. The lawyer creates history by fighting the case and letting Ayesha Takia Azmi, who plays an orphan, adopt Jaya Bachchan as her mother.”
She’s faced the camera after four years for the film. Did she develop cold feet? “My heart sank when Revathy gave me a five-page-long dialogue on my first day of shoot. But when I finished giving the shot, everyone in the unit clapped. I looked up and thanked god. So, this was where I was meant to be,” states Ravs.
While work’s keeping her busy, she’s ensuring her kids don’t feel left out. “I’m trying to strike a balance between my career and home. I often ask myself if I haven’t accepted more work than I can handle. My kids are still young. My daughter is four while my son is two. I like to be with them 24/7,” she shares.

No comments: