Saturday, March 21, 2009

Madhuri Dixit had a long list of people to thank.

madhuri-ticta248


Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit was in the Capital to receive the latest addition to her kitty of awards the Padmashree.

Awarded the Padmashree for her contribution to Indian cinema Madhuri Dixit had a long list of people to thank.

"I feel elated. It's wonderful. But i have a lot of people to thank. Right from my hair dressers to the make up to the technicians everybody has a share in this and i want to thank all of them today" says Madhuri.

CNN-IBN: Do you think Padmashree should have been bestowed on you much earlier may be at the height of your career?

Madhuri Dixit: I don't know. A lot of people ask me that. I believe that whenever I have worked in movies it has been with all my heart and honesty. I have never really worked towards any awards. That has never been on my mind. Now that I am receiving this award it is a great honour. I don't care if it is late or early. I just appreciate that fact that I don't live here anymore. I am in the US and people still think about me. They gave me this honour. I accept that very humbly.


Del.Icio.Us Tags:


Technorati Tags:

No comments: