Monday, March 9, 2009

Sonam doesn't want Anil Kapoor to play her Screen dad

Says Sonam, who doesn't want to do a father-daughter act on screen with her papa, Anil Kapoor
Those who want to see Sonam with her dad Anil Kapoor will have to wait for a long time. They are just not inclined to work together.

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/02/08/4/1440/14406555/30/anil-sonam.jpg

There's a pivotal role in Anil Kapoor's home production Ayesha (based on Emma) starring Sonam, that he was supposed to play. But Anil, high on the global success of Slumdog Millionaire, is not doing it.

My dad is young

Explains proud daughter Sonam, "Do you really think he looks like my Dad? No! He doesn't. He looks far younger than his age. And that's why I wouldn't want him to play my father. The role in Ayesha that you're mentioning, didn't suit him. My dad can't play the conventional father."

Nahi matlab nahi!

In fact, earlier Anil had been offered a role in Rakeysh Mehra's Delhi-6 with Sonam. Both father and daughter had decided against it. In fact, Sonam was more against the idea of their coming together than Anil.

"And that's how it remains even now," laughs the actress just back from Sri Lanka, after a phoot-shoot for a magazine, "I really feel we wouldn't look like father and daughter on screen.

We'd rather wait a while until I'm older. Because my father isn't going to oblige by looking older."

Age no bar

Point out to her that some of Anil's leading ladies are about her age and she chuckles, "That's right and my father looks very well-matched with all his co-stars.

He's quite something. And now, after Slumdog he has entered another innings in his career. His career keeps getting re-invented. I'm afraid he has set impossible standards for me."

No comments: