Friday, June 19, 2009

A R Rahman says no thanks to Farhan's sore throat

1468149


Farhan Akhar’s song for Tony D’Souza’s Blue that composer A R Rahman has decided to record at the last minute might get stalled by a bit no thanks to Farhan’s sore throat.



Farhan has been shooting for his latest starrer Kartik Versus Kartik in a dry humid studio.


“And I’m hugely allergic to dust. My throat has gone bad at a time when I least needed my voice to go bad. Working in dusty studios and singing just don’t go hand-in-hand. I guess I’ll just have to live with it.”


There were no plans to use Farhan’s vocals in Blue. But then Rahman who really liked Shankar-Ehsan-Loy’s tunes in Rock On wanted toincorporate Farhan’s vocals into the Blue.


“Rahman has approached me and yes I’m singing for him. It’s a club-based song and I guess my voice goes well with the smoky mood.”


Farhan admits it’s a leap ahead for him as a singer. “In Rock On I sang for myself. Now I’ll get to sing for someone else and that too a song composed by Rahman.Yeah I guess it’s a leap forward.”


But for that Farhan will have to first wait for his throat to be fully functional again. “Kartik Versus Kartik is my most gruelling role to date. It requires a lot of physical action” says Farhan.


Technorati Tags:


Del.Icio.Us Tags:

No comments: