Monday, February 23, 2009

All Indians are floating on air: Anil Kapoor

For Anil Kapoor, who grew up in the bylanes of Chembur, to become one of India's leading actors, it was an unforgettable moment when he went on stage with Danny Boyle's Slumdog Millionaire team to receive the Oscar for the Best Film.

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/02/08/4/1440/14406555/47/3118239195_222bedb3c6.jpg

Speaking from Los Angeles, he says excitedly, "I still can't believe what is happening. It's like a dream come true.

Can you believe that I was on stage at the Oscars when it got the Best Film award? It's fantastic thrilling! I can't express in words what I am feeling I am completely overcome by emotion!"

But Anil adds that more than him it was a proud moment for all Indians. "Today I wasn't thinking about myself or from my point of view.

It was like an Indian award and I was thinking of India winning not me. It was an Indian moment. I could see Indian faces around me. I wasn't floating on air India was!"

Anil says no one from the group expected to win eight out of nine awards. "This is the biggest event and Slumdog has gone beyond actors and nations."

Petty bickering

He adds, "It's time to stop the petty bickering and small-minded behaviour amongst us in the film industry.

There are only a few films like Ben Hur and Gone With The Wind which can come on par with Slumdog.

The film is the triumph of the human spirtit against all odds. Everyone all over the world has loved the film.

We all got a standing ovation from the entire audience at the Oscars. It was one of India's proudest moments of glory."

While at the Golden Globes, Anil had been accompanied by wife Sunita. This time, he went alone to the Oscar ceremony dressed in a Armani suit.

"I felt so proud when I came out and was greeted by my old friends Goldie Hawn and Will Smith who came to congratulate the Slumdog team and me.

They were like apna bachcha jeet gaya. Rahman, Danny we are all together. I was so thrilled!"

No comments: