Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Will SRK work with Rajat Kapoor?

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/02/08/4/1440/14406555/78/rajatkapoor-2-1_1206027837_large.jpgBefore we start questioning Rajat Kapoor about his new film - he makes it quite clear that he is not interested in responding to the usual set of questions. So bypassing the customary role-related details we talk to Rajat about his choices as an actor and a filmmaker. Rajat Kapoor spoke with us as a part of promoting his new film Siddharth-The Prisoner.

Are you Siddharth-The Prisoner?

Ya I am. Please read the synopsis for more.

I have…And it talks about a man just released from jail after serving a long sentence. Any similarities to Shawshank Redemption?

I am not aware of that.

So why did you pick up this film?

I believe it is a film that is worthy of my talent. Also I am passionate about working with people who are passionate about their work.

Is that your main criteria for choosing films? You seem to have become the face of small budget cinema and are a big support system for struggling directors.

Yes that is one of the factors for choosing such films. But the role still remains paramount.

So are you in a way using your position to help budding filmmakers who are facing the same crisis as you did (during Raghu Romeo)?

I am not returning anything to the industry or doing any service. As you said I do believe I am in the position of backing the kind of work I am interested in. And that's what it is.

One sees you with the same set of co-stars…

Well, we are all great friends. And we also have a great chemistry on screen. This chemistry comes from the fact that Saurabh, Ranvir, Vinay and I share the same sense of aesthetics as actors.

No comments: