Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hrithik can't stop Raving about Barbara Mori

Hrithik's Kites co-star Barbara Mori was in Mumbai to complete the film.

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/02/08/4/1440/14406555/a1/hrithik-wallpaper.jpg

Raves Hrithik, "She's one of the best actresses I've ever shared the camera with. She's unbelievable!

Her acting style has opened my eyes as an actor. It has been a very liberating experience. Her basic approach to acting is so different from what we are taught here. Everything is about being real. We in this country act out every scene. She doesn't. Barbara doesn't even know what glycerin now."

For an emotional scene Barbara sat in a corner and cried the whole day.

"The whole f....g day!" marvels Hrithik. "I couldn't believe it. Yeah I've learnt a lot from Barbara and all the other actors I worked with in Kites. "

On the sets of Anurag Basu's Kites in the US Hrithik learnt to speak Spanish, since part of the film requires him to speak in that language. Hrithik in fact, can now communicate comfortably in that language, a first for a Bollywood hero and a sure sign of Hrithik finally going international after saying no to plum assignments like Tarsem Singh's Hamlet.

Hrithik has been learning Spanish for his character for months now. "75 percent of Kites is in English. The rest is in Hindi and Spanish. And I'm in the process of learning Spanish. I can speak Spanish, and not just for the film. I learnt it to communicate with the entire unit in Sante Fe."

Hrithik says he had his best birthday ever last month. "It was me and Barbara Mori dancing to Farah's song on my birthday. What more could I ask for? In fact it was Farah's birthday the day before mine. So we were two very happy people in this dance mood. In fact, I am dancing right now. My back is fine," Hrithik says happily.

"All my friends came. Sussanne took charge of the entire party and its arrangements. I was just happy being the birthday boy. But I was sure she was going to invite everyone including of my co-star Barbara Mori and her family," Hrithik sounded as excited as a schoolboy on his birthday, and added that pals Farah Khan and Farhan Akhtar who celebrated their birthdays a day before Hrithik were also invited.

Special guest Barbara Mori was also invited to Hrithik's party. "We invited Barbara's family, her mother sister and brother, to India for the shooting of Kites as our guest," Hrithik mentions shyly.

If Hrithik is in a happy state of mind, he has a lot of reason for it. "The last year has been a blessing. My knee injury was healed, thanks the Myofacial Tissue Release therapy. In fact I'm practising the therapy as I speak to you, It's a high-maintenance knee. However, what the heck. It's worth it."

At his birthday, party Hrithik had himself a ball. "Sussanne organized everything. I danced and danced till I almost dropped. Dancing at your party is a very different high from dancing in front of the camera or on stage. Everyone I wanted to come to the party, was there.But if I had my way I'd have called all the people who love me .Maybe some day."

In the meanwhile the sms on Hrithik’s phone went berserk on his birthday.

"It surpassed what I receive for my previous birthdays. Does that mean more people love me now? Kites better work.” He chuckles.

No comments: