Monday, February 9, 2009

Kareena, Amisha share cold Vibes

Kareena Kapoor and Amisha Patel have shared cold vibes ever since Amisha replaced Kareena in Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai.

The image “http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/02/08/4/1440/14406555/dd/09-kareena-amisha-090209.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

At that time, an angry Kareena had made potshots like, "Hrithik's dad spent five hours on every frame and close-up of his son, whereas not even five seconds were spent on Amisha. There are portions in the film where she has pimples and under-eye bags on her face.

If I were in the film, I would have definitely got a better deal, but I still feel that the attention would have been divided between us. So, I'm glad I didn't do the film." Though the two actresses met at events over the years, Amisha and Kareena never warmed up to each other. So when both met on Friday night at Tusshar Kapoor's party at his Juhu bungalow, the vibes were thanda to say the least.

Says an eye-witness, "Kareena and Saif had already arrived and were seen chatting with people when Amisha and Kanav arrived with a gang of friends after Kanav's birthday party. Kanav and Saif know each other well so when they met each other, they started chatting like long-lost friends. But though Bebo and Amisha exchanged cordial greetings they didn't speak at all after that. Their vibes were freezing."

Amisha says, "I have no problems with Kareena and will always be polite to her though it's true we didn't chat but just exchanged hellos. I am very fond of Saif who is extremely well-mannered, a thorough gentleman and a gem of a person. He's also a friend of Kanav's as Kanav and Soha used to study at the same school in Delhi.

So when Kanav and Saif met up again at Tusshar's party, both got along like a house on fire. Last year, when Saif and I were shooting for Lazy Lamhe and Saif and Kareena were dating, Saif had wanted to do something special for her so I went out of my way to accommodate him and wind up early. I even attended the music launch of Refugee. I don't belong to camps nor am I part of industry battles. I know Kareena earlier said that she hadn't given as big flops as I had but I don't hold anything against her for saying those things about me."

Amisha adds that she would love to do a film with Bebo if offered. "If we are offered good roles together I would love to act with her. It's immature to hold grudges. I forgive Kareena for all the negative things she said about me. Even then, when she had said them, I didn't retaliate.

I know five years later when we are both married and I am sitting with Kanav and three chubby kids in London all these fights and patch-ups will sound so silly and immature. I have not been brought up to snub people or be nasty to them. Nor do I believe in catfights or holding grudges. I am not here to make friends and enemies in the film industry. The only true friends that I have here are Sanju and Manyata and for me, that's enough."

No comments: