Saturday, February 14, 2009

Shilpa shetty's scent drew me to her: Raj

Their’s is a story that Mills and Boons are made of.

http://telugupeople.com/uploads/news/200805/Shilpa%20Raj%20copy.gif

Shilpa Shetty, the tall, lissome, sexy babe of the glamorous world of Bollywood and Raj Kundra, the suave businessman from Britian, whose business involves dealing in precious metals, bullion trading and mining operations.

The two, not even remotely connected to each other, were destined to meet and fall in love. “It was the scent of Shilpa that drew me to her...! After the Big Brother win, Shilpa launched her perfume and I went to meet her to seal a business deal,” said Raj, not knowing that he would end up sealing his heart instead. “I saw her standing with her mother in the lobby of a hotel in London, all chatty and giggly. Being a Punjabi, the first thing I did was touch her mum’s feet,” said Raj, who won Shilpa’s mum, Sunanda instantly with that act.

“I still remember what he had worn that day — a grey suit with a white shirt and a navy blue tie. I was floored,” said the actress, leaning on Raj’s shoulder. Many more meetings followed after which Raj opened his heart to her. “On our very first date I told him, ‘I like you. You are a very sweet guy but I don’t think this will work because you live in Britain and I in Mumbai.’ And the next thing he did was buy himself a house in Juhu. He came up to me and asked, “What next?’” said
Shilpa, who knew that very moment that she had met her prince charming. “He’s tailor-made for me,” she said.

But winning her wasn’t easy for the Brit boy. “Before I could win her over, I had to win her father, mother, sister, her four cats and her dog!” laughed Raj. “A woman should play hard to get or else the man doesn’t realise her worth,” she said, winking at him.

After that what followed were long drives and romantic candle light dinners and setting up another house in Britain for the two. “I’ve cooked pasta for her and she has made me corn pulao and her chicken curry which is out of this world. I would call up my friends and say ‘Shilpa Shetty cooked for me’ and they would all be jealous,” laughed Raj. “He is more romantic than me. Once he booked an entire golf course for us and once a restaurant and had fireworks display only for me,” said Shilpa. “She is my princess,” said Raj kissing her hand.

Last year the love birds celebrated Valentine’s Day in Goa. “We were hounded by the press there,” said Raj making a face. “Earlier he felt that the press was invading our privacy so I had to tell him that it comes with my job. Now he understands,” said Shilpa about her boyfriend who would get affected when he would read negative stories about his lady love.

“She taught me to take it with a pinch of salt and I taught my parents to do the same since they would get worked up reading those stories,” said Raj, who is teaching Shilpa to become business savvy. The two have together bought 12% stakes in an IPL cricket team. “I told her you take all the creative decisions and I will sign the cheques,” laughed Raj, who plans to settle down in Mumbai after marriage.

But her prince charming hasn’t proposed marriage to her yet. “I think I should coz I’ve heard that Shane Warne is quite a ladies’ man,” he smiled and she laughed. “I have not gone down on my knees and asked her if she will marry me, but I know what her answer will be. And when I give her a diamond ring, it will be the most talked about diamond in the world,” he said, as he looked at Shilpa who’s waiting for that day to come soon. Marriage can wait for sometime and so can the IPL, for Raj has planned something special for Shilpa on their second Valentine’s Day. “He is not ready to reveal anything. He has told me to be ready at 2 pm. I think I’m in for a big surprise,” she said.

No comments: