Saturday, July 18, 2009

Kareena Kapoor is a joke

No we aren't saying that! It's Chameli's producer Pritish Nandy venting his anger at her glamourous role in Kambakkht Ishq.

On his Twitter account Pritish Nandy wrote: "Why don't you see what she looked like in Chameli and compare it with KI (Kambakkht Ishq). Chameli was a real woman a beautiful woman. She was stunning. Kareena looked like a dream in those days. Today she is a joke."

Though Kambakkht Ishq has made more than enough moolah it has got some awful reviews and is being hailed by film critics as one of the worst movies of recent times in the league of Tashan Chandni Chown to China etc. Kareena Kapoor has had to defend the film and her reputation as an actress once again.

She said rather diplomatically "Everyone is entitled to their individual opinion. I will always maintain that I have great pride in being part of varied films like Chameli and Kambakkht Ishq. I can proudly say that I have never been stuck in just the glam doll image or just wanted to do path-breaking roles" she says. "It's my career and I am not doing it for everybody to like me. If the producer is making loads of money that's about it."

If it was Chameli she were defending her comments would have been about experimenting with cinema and expanding her acting abilities. But Kambakkht Ishq neither helped her expand her talent (unless showing skin can be counted as one) nor is it anywhere in the vicinity of good cinema.

In her trademark style she remarked. "Some people have too much time to blog and talk about others so much. I don't even have time to check my computer for my e-mails. I am constantly working -- that just goes to show that I am more focused on my career" she says with a dry laugh. "I am not the kind who would do boring two songs and two scenes like a lot of others do just for the heck of it. I hope people realise that even if you are playing a role like mine (in KI) it takes a lot of effort. Why can't people just watch the film for what it is -- an illogical fun movie rather than go on and on?"

Bebo darling if you hadn't done the film in the first place you wouldn't have to waste your precious time defending it. You looked like a million bucks but it isn't a role like Geet in Jab We Met or that of Chameli that no one could have done it better than you. Any other bimbette would have filled in your YSL stillettos. We feel bad for all the flak a talented actress like you is dealing with You are capable of doing so much better than Kambakkht Ishq. Illogical it is but we have our doubts on the 'fun' quotient as those type of movies went out with the 90s. It's more of a headache in 2009. Good luck for Qurbaan 3 Idiots Stepmom and Main Aur Mrs Khanna!

No comments: